It can often be frustrating when attempting to navigate the varying funding sources available for projects you wish to undertake within your schools and colleges. If you are a special school or a college, you can now apply for a grant through the Wolfson Foundation’s Funding for Special Schools and Colleges grants programme.
About the Wolfson Foundation’s Funding:
This grant programme is a great opportunity for special schools and colleges in the UK to fund projects to further support their pupils. The grant can provide funding from £15,000 up to £75,000 with the purpose of helping pupils to develop skills in support of them gaining employment or living independently after leaving school or college. All registered charities or local authorities are eligible for this grant, so don’t miss out! The funding can be used for various projects including new buildings, refurbishment work or equipment that intends to produce one of the following outcomes:
- Increased access to services for new and existing users
- Improved quality and range of services
- Improved financial stability of the organisation
How to Apply?
The application process consists of 2 stages. The first stage involves an online application containing a brief description of the project, which will then proceed to the second stage if the application is successful. We are more than happy to assist you with the application process which will allow you to concentrate your time on other priorities as well as increasing your chances of your application being successful.
If you would like to find out more information about the application process, follow the link below:
Previous Projects supported by the Foundation:
- A grant of £16,000 to the Lindsworth School in Birmingham for the refurbishment of an on-site house for Independent Living Skills programme.
- A grant of £25,000 to BeyondAutism for the Redevelopment of Rainbow School’s Earlsfield Campus, South London; and
- Victoria School and Specialist Arts College in Birmingham which received a grant of £35,000 towards a Food Technology Room.
These are a few of the schools and colleges that have been successful in obtaining a grant to fund projects in supporting and aiding their pupils.
When to Apply? The deadline for the next round of applications is the 1st July 2020, so if you have a project in mind, be sure to get in touch with us and our bid writing partner can work alongside you during the process.
Here are some of our other articles that may be useful: